Support & Maintenance (Deskside & Remote)
Getronics provides both Deskside and Remote Support Services, all within our Global Service Delivery Model that are managed by pre-agreed Service Level Agreements, which are closely tracked and monitored. Getronics provides a service that meets our customers’ needs easily and simply, giving them more time to focus on activities that add value elsewhere in their business.
Support services can be tailored to suit specific customer requirements, including local language support, VIP service provision (which may include "home support"), an adaptive combination of Deskside services and remote/innovative service processes and smart logistics to promote cost and operational efficiencies.
Whilst remote services are important there is still a requirement for on-site support for many organisations, particularly in more populated locations. The Getronics Deskside Support Service provides 2nd level resolution aimed at returning non-functioning hardware or software to functionality following the escalation of an incident that has not been resolved remotely by a Service Desk.
Our global Break-Fix services cover all hardware, systems and software and are delivered by a highly certified team of technical engineers – 18,700 in total through the Getronics Workspace Alliance. These engineers hold accreditations across ITIL, Prince2 and the many technology leaders Getronics partners with, including Microsoft, Dell, and Cisco.
Our Standard Deskside Support Service price offering includes:
- Resolution of generic workstation application incidents, including "Smart" Mobile devices - Operating System, Microsoft Office Applications, Email Applications and Internet
- Resolution of bespoke applications - support of basic functionality, known errors and where root cause is operating system based
- Incident handling – fully integrated into Service Desk incident management
- Adds, Moves & Change Service Requests - particularly hardware upgrade related
- Management of inventory, spares or “new user” equipment, undertaking equipment collections and removals and on-site staging
Remote management is usually the invisible support layer which monitors capacity and thresholds, silently watching equipment, circuits and applications availability, collecting and recording information upon which Getronics can determine the overall health of the systems – leading to advice and action to prevent issues from becoming evident to the business.
Arguably the most important tool Getronics deploys is one which allows the overall health of the end to end “system” to be monitored instantly pin-pointing areas of restriction or failure – even where Getronics may not have direct responsibility for elements affected.
It's this toolset that allows Getronics to manage the entirety of an ICT system and other third party suppliers on behalf of and in partnership with your business.