Corporate Policy / Legal Disclaimer
Within the Getronics and all of its affiliated companies of companies (“Getronics”), we believe strongly in protecting the privacy of our customers and prospective customers (“you”). This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”)_ describes the information we collect through the Getronics operations and through www.getronics.com or those other websites owned by and maintained by Getronics (“Websites”), how we use it, and the ways it may be disclosed.
Getronics are committed to protecting the privacy of Personal Data (as defined below). Ensuring security is at the heart of everything Getronics does. In order to provide you with details of Getronics products and services, Getronics may need to collect information about you. This Privacy Statement explains how Getronics use the Personal Data Getronics might collect. Third party websites accessed via our Websites are not covered by this Privacy Statement and Getronics accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of third party websites.
Getronics review this Privacy Statement regularly. Occasionally Getronics may need to make changes or additions to this Privacy Statement that may affect how Getronics process your Personal Data. We will indicate on this page when the Privacy Statement has changed so please refer to our website for the latest version.
Getronics has appointed one Data Protection Officer for Getronics. The Getronics Data Protection Officer can be contacted via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone +44 (0)370 906 8000. The Getronics Data Protection Officer is supported by other responsible Getronics employees in the local country Getronics offices in order to implement the local country data protection applications.
1.1 Personal Data
Getronics uses the following definition to describe Personal Data: any data relating to an identified or identifiable living natural person processed by Getronics or its subcontractors.
1.2 Your Information
This Privacy Statement tells you how Getronics, will collect and use your Personal Data to provide you with a positive experience on our Websites and in using our products and services.
In order for Getronics to deliver information, products and services to you Getronics will need to collect Personal Data for the following purposes and your Personal Data will be processed by Getronics based on a legal ground, this includes but not limited to:
|Processing your order, including payment details and transactions||Necessary for the performance of the contract|
|Providing you with a regular newsletter subscriptions||Consent
|Sending marketing communications relating to Getronics products and services||Consent
|Providing a personalised customer service||Necessary for the performance of the contract|
|Logging and responding to service incidents||Necessary for the performance of a contract|
|Managing job applications||Legitimate interest (employment)|
|General business to business collaboration||Consent
Necessary for the performance of a contract.
In any event, Getronics is committed to ensuring that the information Getronics collects and uses is appropriate for these purposes, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Getronics would contact you for additional consent. When Getronics processing of your Personal Data is based upon your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
1.3 Information Security
Getronics employs physical, administrative, and technical safeguards and measures to protect the information Getronics processes from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. Getronics employees and third parties to whom we employ with access to Personal Data are required to respect and observe the principles stated in this Privacy Statement. Getronics will limit access to only those persons with a legitimate need to access the Personal Data. Billing and payment information for online ordering is transferred using widely available security mechanisms. Getronics servers are maintained in secure facilities.
1.4 Information Sharing
Getronics will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your Personal Data to any third party without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- Getronics share non-personal, non-individually identifiable information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes.
- Getronics will disclose your Personal Data to any appropriate third party or legal authority if we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct; if Getronics are required to do so by law; or if Getronics believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend Getronics rights and property or that of Getronics customers; (3) prevent fraud; (4) protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of Getronics Websites; or (5) protect the personal safety or property of Getronics customers, other persons, or the public (e.g. if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, Getronics will disclose such information about you as necessary to assist any type of investigation into your actions).
- Getronics may retain third parties to provide services to Getronics, such as technical, administrative, logistical, or professional services. These third parties may have access to the Personal Data needed to perform their functions, but not for any other purposes. Any such third party will be bound by contractual and confidentiality agreements not to disclose any Personal Data for any other purpose.
If your Personal Data is transferred across the Getronics group entities or to (sub-) contractors, suppliers and service providers (“Suppliers”) located outside the EEA in countries not offering adequate protection of Personal Data, Getronics shall put in place appropriate and suitable safeguards to protect your Personal Data, such as model clauses approved by the EU Commission. A copy of such safeguards can be obtained from Getronics’ Data Protection Officer.
1.5 How Getronics use the information
Getronics will process (collect, store and use) the Personal Data you provide in a manner compatible with the applicable data protection laws and regulations. Getronics will keep your Personal Data accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out above in the section ‘Your Information’. Getronics is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of Personal Data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal Data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Getronics does not use any automated or profiling systems for processing your Personal Data.
1.6 Under what circumstances will Getronics contact me?
Getronics aim is not to be intrusive, and Getronics undertakes not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions.
1.7 Can I find out the Personal Data that the Getronics holds about me?
At your request, Getronics can confirm what Personal Data we hold about you and how it is processed.
At your request, Getronics can confirm what Personal Data we hold about you and how it is processed. As a data subject, you enjoy the following rights, which may be applicable in certain circumstances and may be subject to certain conditions, exemptions or exceptions as set out in applicable data protection legislation:
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain confirmation about whether or not your Personal Data is being processed and, if so, to obtain access to your Personal Data and information regarding the processing.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to correct incorrect Personal Data, complete your Personal Data and have recipients to whom Personal Data was provided informed of the rectification.
- Right to erasure. Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to have your Personal Data erased. If your Personal Data was made public, Getronics will take reasonable steps to inform the controllers who are processing the Personal Data of your request to erase it and to inform the recipients of Personal Data of your request to erase it.
- Right to restriction of processing. Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your Personal Data, and, in case of restriction, have the processing limited to mere storage.
- Right to data portability. Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to be provided with your Personal Data, which you can reuse as you wish. If you so request, Getronics has the obligation to transfer your Personal Data directly to another controller.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data based on certain grounds and the right at all times to object to the use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to our processing of your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without such withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Automated individual decision-making, including profiling. In the case of automated individual decision-making, you have the right to obtain human intervention, give your point of view, receive an explanation for the automated decision, and challenge that decision.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
1.8 How to request information
In the first instance, please complete the contact form on www.Getronics.com outlining the request. The Getronics Data Protection Officer will respond back as required.
Getronics will require appropriate and valid proof of identity before any details of Personal Data is shared.
1.9 External Links
Getronics is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites that may be accessed from our Websites. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the collection or use of Personal Data by other websites.
1.10 Privacy Statement Changes
Getronics may need to modify this Privacy Statement occasionally to reflect changes in our businesses or the ways in which we use information. If Getronics amends this Privacy Statement, Getronics will post those changes in a revised Privacy Statement accessible from our Websites. Unless otherwise stated, Getronics will use information in accordance with the Privacy Statement in effect when the information was collected. If Getronics materially changes the way Getronics uses or discloses Personal Data that was collected under a different Privacy Statemennt , Getronics will notify affected individuals via email and provide a reasonable opportunity to opt out of the revised use or disclosure (which may cause a person to be completely removed from Getronics databases).
1.11 Contact Information
Effective date: 29th May 2018
Getronics Solutions Malaysia Data Protection Policy – English
Getronics Solutions Malaysia Data Protection Policy – Malay
2 Getronics Human Rights Statement
Getronics is a leading global IT professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and in collaboration with the Global Workspace Alliance has operations in over 100 countries across the globe. Our stockholders, customers, suppliers, and employees represent virtually every race, national origin, religion, culture, political philosophy, and language. This diversity is the foundation of our business excellence and embodies Getronics respect for human rights and dignity of all people.
Getronics procures a variety of goods and services both for internal use and for that of our customers.
Procured goods include:
- ICT products and spares to meet both external and internal requirements
- ICT software
- Office Consumable and Equipment Supplies.
Procured Services include:
- Third Party Maintenance
- Financial, legal, insurance and other Professional services
- Service Desks
- Fleet Services
The original manufacturer of goods procured by Getronics could be from locations across the globe. It would not be feasible for Getronics to audit the end to end supply chain. Getronics can and will however work to ensure the goods and services which Getronics procures are from manufacturers who have a strong anti-slavery policy and are taking action themselves to remove the risk of modern day slavery from their supply chain.
Getronics are committed to eradicating human exploitation from our supply chain. All Getronics suppliers must comply with the Getronics Supplier Code of Conduct
2.1 The Modern Slavery Act 2015
The Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the Act) requires companies operating in the United Kingdom (UK) to disclose information regarding the steps taken to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from their business and global supply chains. The statement below is released by the Getronics entities within the United Kingdom in response to the Act for fiscal year 2018. It describes the Getronics business structure, relevant policies, and ongoing efforts to reduce the possibility that slavery and human trafficking occur in the Getronics business or global supply chains. Furthermore, Getronics intend to use this statement to provide stockholders, customers, and suppliers with the ability to make informed choices about the companies they support.
2.2 Human Rights
All Getronics Suppliers will support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights and will operate in the spirit of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This includes, but is not limited to, the following subjects:
All Getronics Suppliers will recognise and respect:
- Fundamental human rights, social justice and human dignity
- Diversity of local cultures.
All Getronics Suppliers will support and respect the internationally proclaimed labour rights and will operate in the spirit of the core Conventions of the International Labour Organisation (ILO). This includes, but is not limited to, the following subjects:
2.4 All Getronics Suppliers will recognise and respect employee’s right to:
- Collective bargaining
- Freedom of association.
2.5 All Getronics Suppliers will not indulge in acts of:
- Child labour
- Forced labour.
2.6 All Getronics Suppliers will:
- Compensate workers in accordance with all applicable wage laws
- Limit the working hours to the maximum as set by applicable laws
- Ensure a safe working environment.
Getronics have implemented and continue to update and strengthen its processes to achieve the level of transparency and traceability necessary to ensure that Getronics procurement practices do not contribute to modern day slavery at any stage in the Getronics supply chain.
Steps to achieve this aim include:
- All new Getronics Suppliers will certify their compliance with the Getronics Supplier Code of Conduct
- All existing suppliers will upon the renewal of their agreement with Getronics will certify their compliance with Getronics Supplier Code of Conduct
- Getronics will map and assess the Getronics supply chain to identify potential areas of risk of forced labour and people trafficking within it
- Getronics ensuring workers in the Getronics supply chain are paid at least the minimum or living wage required by local law
- Getronics ensure that robust immigration checks are in place with Getronics suppliers
- Getronics does where appropriate raise awareness of modern day slavery within the Getronics business.
Below are some useful links in relation to Modern Day Slavery and Human Trafficking:
Modern Slavery Act 2015 – http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/30/contents/enacted
Walk Free Global Slavery Index – http://www.globalslaveryindex.org/
ILO Resources on Forced Labour, Human Trafficking and Slavery – http://www.ilo.org/global/topics/forced-labour/lang–en/index.htm
Verité eLearning on Supply Chain Accountability – http://www.verite.org/research/elearning
3 Getronics Code of Conduct
The Getronics Board of Management has adopted the Getronics Code of Conduct to ensure honest and ethical conduct; compliance with applicable laws and regulations; and fairness with Getronics customers, suppliers, competitors and employees. Getronics recognises and values good citizenship and do not take advantage of others through manipulation, concealment, abuse of privileged information, misrepresentation of material facts, or any other unfair practices. The Getronics Code of Conduct applies wherever Getronics does business, equally to all Getronics directors and employees, including officers, as well as employees of Getronics subsidiaries and affiliates. Getronics also expect all suppliers, contract employees, agents, consultants and others acting on Getronics behalf to abide by the principles in the Getronics Code of Conduct.
Getronics is committed to the highest possible standard of corporate governance and responsibility. The Getronics Code of Conduct is not merely to comply with the letter of laws or regulations, but rather to instill and maintain a true culture of compliance wherever Getronics does business. In consequence, Getronics expects that all Suppliers will embrace the letter and spirit of its commitment to integrity.
3.1 Compliance with the Law and Regulations
Getronics has a responsibility to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. The specific areas of compliance highlighted for attention in the Getronics Code of Conduct shall not be considered fully definitive.
3.2 Anti-Bribery – Kickbacks, Bribes and Payoffs
Getronics shall comply with anti-bribery legislation and avoid all forms of corruption. Getronics will not offer or accept anything of value to secure an improper advantage or benefit.
Getronics shall not offer or accept, either directly or indirectly, kickbacks, bribes or payoffs in cash or any other form. It does not matter that a prohibited payment may be demanded by a public official, the prohibited payment still may not be made.
Facilitation payments, paid to speed up the performance of a function or activity to which the payer is legally entitled (e.g. releasing goods held in customs, issuing permits), are prohibited unless permitted under the local legislation of the country in which they are made and received.
Getronics will not authorise any person to make facilitation payments on Getronics behalf and Getronics seek to ensure that our agents and other intermediaries do not make facilitation payments on Getronics behalf. If any Getronics employee has doubts about a payment and suspect that it might be considered a facilitation payment, that employee should only make the payment if the official or third party can provide a formal receipt or written confirmation of its legality.
3.3 Record Accuracy and Retention
Getronics shall ensure that business records are retained for the period required by law, and that they accurately and fairly reflect all business transactions. Disposal shall be performed with adequate attention to the confidentiality of the information concerned.
3.4 Data Protection
Getronics shall ensure compliance with laws and directives providing for the protection, transfer, access and storage of personal information.
3.5 Confidential Information
Getronics will not discuss any confidential information with any third party without a Non Disclosure Agreement being executed by Getronics and the relevant third party.
3.6 Government, Media and Investor Relations
Getronics shall not instigate any form of publicity or make any statement or submission to investors, the media or government referring to Getronics customer without first obtaining prior written permission from such customers (except where required by government of under the law).
3.7 Fair Competition
Getronics believes in vigorous yet fair competition and supports the development of appropriate competition laws. Getronics shall not engage in collaboration or other activity that reduces competition.
3.8 Insider Trading
Getronics shall ensure that any unpublished, inside information it is party to regarding Getronics is not used to either engage in or support insider trading (which is the use of material non-public information to attempt to profit through dealing in securities).
3.9 Gifts and Hospitality
Getronics shall not offer gifts in the form of cash, cash equivalent gifts, cheques, or other negotiable funds, nor shall it offer to any individual gifts or gratuities. Getronics only permits Getronics employees to accept gifts of modest value or reasonable business-related hospitality (e.g. dining or attending sports or social events), however the acceptance of gifts or hospitality must never be understood to imply that a benefit will be awarded to the any third party.
3.10 Security, Health and Safety
Elements of Getronics are ISO 27001 certified and Getronics expects its Suppliers to operate in line with this standard. In general, any Getronics Supplier shall ensure that it adheres to Getronics policy and procedures on security, health and safety whilst in attendance at Getronics customers’ sites, and in accessing Getronics systems or information.
3.11 Promoting Sustainable Development
Getronics recognises the important role that business, particularly the information communication and technology sector, has to play in driving growth in the global marketplace. Getronics believes that business must accept the responsibility to ensure that growth is achieved in a sustainable manner, promoting socio economic development to try to tackle poverty whilst protecting and enhancing quality of life and avoiding detrimental impacts on any part of the global population or environment.
Getronics looks to the Getronics supply chain as a key area through which to secure sustainability and requires all Getronics Suppliers to take these issues seriously by abiding by relevant international, European or national standards or commitments and being able to prove its sustainability credentials if asked.
3.12 Employment Practices
Getronics shall respect the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights and ILO Conventions and comply with national human rights and employment legislation. As a minimum, the Getronics shall uphold the following:
- Getronics will provide a safe working environment for staff and subcontractors
- Getronics will avoid use of slaves, forced or bonded labour and child labour. In particular Getronics will confirm which steps it has taken to ensure that slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in any part of its business or its supply chain. Getronics shall also, if required to do so under the Modern Slavery Act, require any Supplier in the UK to provide a statement in that respect,
- Getronics will validate that all Getronics employees and the employees of subcontractors have the legal right to work in the country where services are performed
- Getronics will support fair labour practices, including the right to belong to a trade union, the payment of at least the legal minimum wage where such exists and a fair living wage where it does not
- Getronics will ensure respect for the dignity of individuals at work and zero tolerance for the harassment of individuals in any form and for any reason
- Getronics will provide a confidential and secure mechanism for employees to raise grievances
- Getronics will avoid discrimination against employees or potential employees on the basis of their race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, caste, gender, gender reassignment status, marital status, disability, age, religion, belief, membership or non-membership of a trade union or sexual orientation. Issues of disability should only be considered against the particular requirements of the job.
3.13 Environmental Practice
Getronics has a clear environmental policy and targets, and can demonstrate a commitment to environmental protection going well beyond the minimum standards set by environmental legislation and EU directives.
Getronics shall act responsibly towards the environment and provide data on the environment footprint of Getronics production processes and Getronics products and services upon reasonable written request. Getronics adopts the principle of continuous improvement in regards to the environment sustainability of Getronics products and encourages any of its Suppliers to share their experience in this area with Getronics so Getronics can learn and better itself.
3.14 Reporting Breaches of the Getronics Code of Conduct
Getronics require all employees to self- monitor their compliance with the Getronics Code of Conduct and any known or potential breaches of the Getronics Code of Conduct by any third party associated with Getronics should be promptly reported to the Getronics Legal Department.
4 Cookie Usage
Cookies are usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on a user’s computer while the user is browsing the website. Although cookies cannot carry any virus, they help us understand which sections of our websites are the most popular as they help show which pages are being visited and for how long. This helps us adapt our websites to provide more relevant and accessible information. For example, cookies allow us to ensure that the information displayed on your next visit to our websites will match up with your user preferences. You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please note, however, that disabling cookies might affect your online experience and/or prevent you from taking full advantage of our site and some of its functionality. If you choose to restrict cookies you will have to provide certain information each time you visit our website and reset your preferences.
4.2 Advantages of cookies are:
- Remembering the details as provided by the user.
- Remembering user preferences.
- Helping improve the website.
- Cookies can be deleted by the visitor.
- Cookies can be blocked by changing browser setting.
- Cookies cannot carry any threat to the visitor’s device.
4.3 Blocking/Restricting Cookies
You may restrict cookies by changing the browser setting.
A cookie is a small text file which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our system to recognise you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most. This traffic information is used to improve the content of our website and make it easier to use. We use the following types of cookies:
- – Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of a website. They include, for example, cookies that enable users to log into secure areas of a website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing service
- – Analytical/performance cookies: These types of cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This assists us in improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
When you visit our Websites we may send a ‘cookie’ to your computer. Cookies are files that store information on your hard drive or browser. They enable our Websites to identify your computer, and recognise that you have visited before. Cookies themselves do not contain any personal information. However, we may link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
Cookies help us understand which sections of our Websites are the most popular, as they help show which pages are being visited and how long for. This helps Getronics adapt our Websites to provide more relevant and accessible information. For example, cookies allow us to ensure that the information displayed on your next visit to our Websites will match up with your user preferences.
You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please note, however, that disabling cookies might affect your online experience and/or prevent you from taking full advantage of our site.
From time to time we may also use other technologies to log and collect data in order to analyse traffic to our Websites. These technologies will regularly only allow for an anonymous notice of your visit to be generated. However, in some instances they may allow us to obtain details about your IP address and to track visits to our Websites. In conjunction with cookies, this will enable us to identify what portions of our Websites are of interest to our visitors and to help us provide you with tailored information from our Websites.