What is this about?
In June 2020 ISG launched a research study examining the market for digital workplace services, including technologies used to support remote work during the global COVID-19 pandemic. The results have recently been published, with Getronics positioned as a Leader for the second consecutive year.
What is Digital Workspace?
Take a look at this short video from ISG below.
What are the key takeaways?
Unsurprisingly, the Digitalisation Trend is accelerating with Covid-19. ISG found that:
- In the second quarter of 2020, remote working was rapidly accelerating in the U.K.
- The biggest concerns raised by the sudden home office surge were security and change management
- Digital Workplace Consulting Services focus on the digital transformation post COVID-19
- Managed Workplace Services are in transition to adapt to the post-COVID-19 environment
- Managed Mobility Services continue to rise in importance
- Specialist Unified Endpoint Solutions are becoming a vital tool to enhance the end-user experience
The Getronics Perspective
The Global Pandemic has been an obvious accelerator in the use of collaboration tools and video conferencing software such as Microsoft Teams. Beyond what comes out-of-the-box, the remote working trend has also brought forward the need to look at everything else that is required for colleagues to work in a secure and productive way such as:
- The ability to work from any device (e.g.: laptop, tablets), which in some cases is not provided by their employer (Bring your own Device – BYOD)
- The accessories (e.g.: headset including noise cancelling capabilities)
- Their network connectivity
- The ability to bring their office number home
Getronics is bringing to market a number of propositions that address this growing demand for scalability, security and ease of use for our customers and their colleagues. We are bringing to market a number of “as a Service” propositions such as Device as a Service (DaaS), Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS – seamlessly integrating Microsoft Teams and telephony features) and cloud security.Steve Homer, Portfolio Lead, Digital Workplace
Where can I get the report?
The reports are available to download for free below. Please complete the form to receive the PDF files.
Who is Getronics?
Founded in 1887, Getronics is one of Europe’s oldest technology services firms and has over 2,000 customers, including a number of global brands.
Getronics leads the GWA (Global Workplace Alliance), a partnership of 11 key strategic Alliance partners, which jointly deliver services in more than 180 countries.
Who is ISG?
Information Services Group (ISG) is a leading global technology research and advisory firm. The ISG Provider Lens™ Quadrant research series is the only service provider evaluation of its kind to combine empirical, data-driven research and market analysis with the real-world experience and observations of ISG’s global advisory team.
ISG studies provide IT vendors and providers an informed base of data and research, and clearly this information is of interest to customers as well.