The History of Getronics
This history of Getronics dates back to 1887, when Groeneveld, Van der Pol & Co’s Elektronische
Fabriek NV established a technical installation company for public utilities and the ship–building industry
in the Netherlands. Over the years, the company went through numerous transitions to emerge as Geveke Electronics in 1972, which changed its name to Getronics NV IN 1988.
In 1999, Getronics acquired Wang Global (who had recently acquired Olivetti), building upon its strong market presence in Europe and consolidating its position as a truly Global player in the ICT arena.
In 2005, Getronics and Pinkroccade combined their strengths to become one company. Working in 90 countries around the world, Getronics became Benelux’s largest international ICT Services Company.
From 2007 – 2012 Getronics was part of KPN. Today, the two organisations remain partners in the Getronics Workspace Alliance (GWA), a Global ICT alliance which was founded in 2009 by Getronics and 6 other regional IT Champions in North America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Today, there are 9 members in the GWA which collectively form the 3rd largest workspace services provider in the world (Datamonitor, 2011).
On May 1st 2012, Getronics became part of the AURELIUS Group, an industrial holding company headquartered in Munich, Germany. Following the acquisition, Getronics Switzerland was merged with and rebranded to Connectis, another Swiss company owned by AURELIUS, together forming the 2nd largest ICT company in Switzerland. Meanwhile, AURELIUS–owned Thales in Spain and Argentina were also rebranded Connectis. Connectis is a key member of the Getronics family.