Deskside Support Service Overview
Whilst remote services, whether Service desk located or Infrastructure related, are important there remains customer demand for On-site support, particularly for more populated locations
The Getronics Deskside Support Service is intended to provide 2nd level resolution aimed at returning non-functioning hardware or software to functionality following the escalation of an incident that has not been resolved by a Service Desk.
The Standard Service price offering includes the service elements listed below:
- Deskside resolution of generic workstation application incidents, including “Smart” Mobile devices - Operating system, Microsoft Office Applications, Email Applications and Internet
- On-site resolution of bespoke applications - support of basic functionality, known errors and where root cause is operating system based..
- Incident handling – fully integrated into Service Desk incident management
- Service Requests, particularly hardware upgrade related, whether integrated within Getronics overall “ServiceNow” management tool, or as structured behind a separately managed Service Desk would be delivered by the Deskside Services team (Adds, Moves & Changes)
- Deskside support would also manage inventory, spares or “new user” equipment, undertake equipment collections & removals and on site staging
For larger sites desk side support may be dedicated and located at the customers site, for smaller locations Getronics may use geographically located engineers to attend sites as demand/contract requires – enabling cost effective solutions.
Where the service is provided as a stand-alone Getronics offering, the customer’s existing infrastructure would be used to ensure integration with the rest of the support
Added value for customers
- Local Language support
- VIP service provision, which may include “home support”
- Adaptive combination of deskside services and remote/innovative service processes and smart Logistics
- Access to Getronics wide accreditations, ability and experience of market leading technologies such as Microsoft, Cisco, VCE, Cordys and Mobile applications