Information Collection and Use
Getronics is the sole owner of the information collected on www.getronics.com. There are sections of our website that invite you to contact us to request information from us. In order to reply to your request, we may need to obtain personal contact information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address name and address. We may also solicit information such as demographics, occupation, company affiliation, and product preferences. We use this information for market analysis and to distribute information by email, postal mail, telephone, and/or fax about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. We also obtain any additional personally identifiable information that you choose to include in your communications with us. In order to facilitate online ordering of products and services through our website, we may need to obtain additional billing and payment information, such as your credit card number, credit card billing address, credit card expiration date, or electronic funds transfer routing numbers. We use this information to ship products, maintain billing records, process payments, and provide customer support. Some features of our website may be accessible only to registered users. In addition to the data described above, user names and passwords are maintained for all registered users. We use this information to allow users to customise the functions of our web site, to restrict access to portions of our website, and to avoid repetitious requests for contact or billing information. We employ various automated means, including cookies and server logs, to collect information and generate statistics relating to your navigation of our website and the referring sites that may have brought you to our website. The information we collect is used to maintain profiles of our website users. We use profile information to customise a user's visit to our website and to tailor the information we provide.
- A cookie is a small text file which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our system to recognise you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most. This traffic information is used to improve the content of our website and make it easier to use.
We use the following types of cookies:
- 1. – Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of a website. They include, for example, cookies that enable users to log into secure areas of a website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing service
- 2 – Analytical/performance cookies: These types of cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This assists us in improving the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party, without your consent except in the following circumstances:
- We share non-personal, non-individually identifiable information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes.
- We will disclose your personal, individually-identifiable information to any appropriate third party or legal authority if we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct; if we are required to do so by law; or if we believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers; (3) prevent fraud; (4) protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of our website; or (5) protect the personal safety or property of our customers, other persons, or the public (e.g. if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, we may disclose such information about you as we have to assist any type of investigation into your actions).
- We may retain third parties to provide services to us, such as technical, administrative, logistical, or professional services. These third parties may have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but not for any other purposes. They are bound by confidentiality agreements not to disclose any information for any other purpose.
- We may transfer all or part of our customer database, including personal information contained in it, to a third party.
ATTENTION RESIDENTS OF EUROPEAN UNION MEMBER STATES:
Personal information obtained via our website may be transferred to and processed by Getronics subsidiaries or third parties located in countries outside of the European Economic Area, including the United States of America. The data protection laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. When making such transfers, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. You may be asked to expressly authorise such transfers, or we may complete such transfers in accordance with an applicable legal authorisation, adequacy determination, data protection agreement, or other arrangement.
Access and Amendment
You may request a copy of any personal information that we keep about you. We strive to ensure that our information is accurate, complete, and up to date. You may request that we delete or make appropriate amendments to your information. We reserve the right to charge a fee to defray our costs for assembling, copying, and providing a response to your request. If we cannot comply with your request, we will explain why.
Effective date: 9th August 2012